2016年9月21日星期三

First Impression on the Terror Dome update (The Last Stand: Dead Zone)

Finally, one of the biggest updates for Dead Zone this year goes online, just when I’m considering taking a break from the game. Here I’ll share my experience playing it for the first time.




How to Start
The Terror Dome is located in the stadium, and requires level 15 to enter. At level 55, I had to spend 160 fuel (no small amount for a free-to-play account) to enter.

The game lists three rules:

The No Healing Rule doesn’t just mean injuries carry over to later rounds, it also means you cannot heal with your leader/medic during the rounds.

Since I had no idea what to expect, I sent my leader (light machine gun, high projectile and explosive resistance armour), a fighter and a recon (assault rifles and high melee resistance armour) and hoped for the best.

How to Play
My team was sent to an American football field, with barricades and several infected spawn points scattered around.

To score, you’ll need to press (scavenge) buttons. Both Green and Red buttons can be pressed, but pressing Red buttons takes considerably longer. Besides regular melee attacks, some of the infected have dynamites tied to their bodies and will suicide-bomb you. So take explosive resistance into account. Fortunately there are no traps in the arena and the infected aren’t smart enough to use guns.



After each of the first two rounds, you’ll be given an option to bail out, which I assume would let you keep a lesser reward, or continue. And you’ll be shown how well you’re doing so far. Your team will have their health restored (affected by injuries) between rounds.

In round 3, I met a unique infected, which hit really hard and took out my fighter and recon. At least it didn’t have insanely high defence and killing it gave me an elite box for my trouble. However, the rest of the infected were too strong and fast for my leader to stop and reload the light machine gun. All I could do was running around with the last bit of health and wait for the time limit.

The Rewards


For a final score of 3271 points, I was given a bronze box which contained two items. I got a purple upgrade token and a useless piece of clothing out of it. The reward was very weak for the fuel cost, but a chance to explore the unknown was a lot of fun. That said, I’m not sure I’ll be doing this regularly once the novelty wears off.

沒有留言:

發佈留言